We believe we are the only publisher who submits all our books for indexing in NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf and PubMed. We do this because we put our authors first and we know the importance of getting publications indexed in reputed repositories.
The process for getting a book chapter indexed in PubMed is different from the process for journal articles. For books, there is something called NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf. Each book is assessed separately. After publication, we submit all our books to Bookshelf for evaluation. If accepted after evaluation, each chapter will be indexed in PubMed. It is a lengthy process. After acceptance by NCBI/NIH/NLM bookshelf, to get indexed, we have to create special files in accordance with the stringent guidelines of Bookshelf. We meet the costs associated with this, and do not charge our authors.
While there is no guarantee that all books will be accepted, to date, we have a 100% success rate, and all five books we have published to date are now in NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf and PubMed.
List of Books indexed in NCBI/NIH/NLM Bookshelf and PubMed
1. Polycystic Kidney Disease; ISBN 978-0-9944381-0-2. Bookshelf ID: NBK373386; PMID: 27512748
2. Wilms Tumor; ISBN 978-0-9944381-1-9. Bookshelf ID: NBK373360; PMID: 27512751
3. Glioblastoma; ISBN: 978-0-9944381-2-6. Bookshelf ID: NBK469998; PMID: 29251853
4. Multiple Sclerosis: Perspectives in Treatment and Pathogenesis; ISBN: 978-0-9944381-3-3. Bookshelf ID: NBK470153; PMID: 29261258
5. Cutaneous Melanoma: Etiology and Therapy; ISBN: 978-0-9944381-4-0 [Accepted – next steps in progress]